Second time in Rome

About two or three weeks ago I went to Rome for the second time. I didn't post about the first time because I didn't have Wifi at the time.We went to Rome with the other AFS students in my area. It was a lot of fun and I will just mention some of the highlights from it and a little bit of a reflection.

We spent three days there and stayed in a hotel very close to St. Peter's Square in The Vatican City. We went to St Peter's Square as soon as we got off the bus because it was very early and there were not any lines. If you go at a later time, there are crowds of people there, and you have to stay for about two hours in line. I wasn't able to go inside the first time because there was this line. The inside of the church was huge and very beautiful.

Since we were so close to everything. we did walk around a lot of the city to the places we visited. This was such a good way to see the city and we saw some of the prettiest parts of the city this way. For somethings we did take the subway. For example to get to The Colosseum, you can take the subway and when you exit the underground tracks you are right in front of The Colosseum. There were so many lines here also, but luckily, we were able to go in through a group check in so it didn't take much time at all. It was very interesting to see the inside because most of the pictures you see are from the outside. There was a lot of resources you could look at, but we didn't have much time to read through all of them.

Next we went to The Trevi Fountain. There were so many people there so it was difficult to push your way through and toss a coin, but we did it and were able to take some pictures also. It really is as beautiful as the pictures you see online. The reason I didn't include any pictures here is because yesterday my phone jumped out of my pocket and the screen in completely messed up so I can't access the photos. I backed up my phone on my computer and I'm hoping I can figure out how to access them soon.

Of course we did a lot more things while in Rome but these are the main attractions that we visited. If you have any questions about it, just comment and I can answer them in another post soon :)
Imogen Wyatt

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts