New Years

This New Years, my host sister, a friend, and I traveled to Lecce and stayed with one of their very close friends. It was fun and I enjoyed visiting there a lot. We had a celebration dinner, went to a small concert, and watched fireworks in the town square to celebrate.

For this year, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a New Year's resolution, I took some time to think about what I wanted to do and also looked up some ideas. I decided that instead of a typical resolution, I wanted to have a sort of theme to focus my year on. So I decided to make my theme the theme of knowledge. I wanted to do this because right now I am in such a good situation to learn things that I maybe wouldn't get to learn normally. One of my main objectives obviously is to learn Italian, but I also want to go beyond that this year. I don't want to live in ignorance of the things that I could open my eyes to. I am going to focus my time and effort on soaking up all the things I can and not just live this time going through the motions.

Today I have 185 day left here and I'm going to try to make the best out of all of them. If you want to share your New Year's resolutions or what you did to celebrate this year with me, fell free to leave them in the comments. I would love to hear them :)

Imogen Wyatt





Comments

Popular Posts